How to Read this Blog

When I started this blog, I could not figure out, within the given parameters, how to get it to read logically. So it ended up with the freshest post on the top of the page with the top of the post being the beginning of the post. When you get to the end of the post, you will find the beginning of the previous post. A bit awkward, but ...it is what it is. (right David?)

Also, feel free to leave comments. I engaged the annoying "real person verification thingy" because some dork put an add to his product on my blog and disguised it as a comment. He probably works on wall street.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Test Fit - The Results

At first it looked pretty good. But...

The back of the cab was sitting right on the blasted lump in the fuel tank. I suppose without the lump it would only be 29 gallons instead of 30 or whatever it is. So, now it is decision time. Do I start hacking on the back of the cab to get it to sit down over the tank? I think it would take some an awful lot of structure out of the back of the cab. I may be able to box it back in but, I dunno. Or, do I buy or make a body lift? Lets look further.

Right rear sitting nicely on isloator.

Left rear, oops.



Somehow, I missed getting a pic of the right front. It was sitting pretty also. The left front is pictured below.

This is a shot up under the tunnel at the shift tower and the underside of the hole I just made. The cab is sitting on the head of a bolt that holds the shift tower in place. Looks like I will be opening up this hole afterall.

This is a shot over the transfer case toward the transmision. Pleny of room here.


This is the clearance at the right side of the engine/tranny adaptor plate. Seems ok. This is the side that is down on the mount.

This is the driver's side. The flange where the floor and fire wall come together is almost touching the adaptor plate. This is the side that needs to go down an inch or so. The flange would need to be trimmed.
Engine to firewall is about what I expected. I am not sure why the old voltage regulator is there. Forgot to remove it I guess.

No comments: