Still punning. The "' Stan's kit is now permanently in place. Somewhere along the line I swapped the turbo exhaust housing to a 16 cm housing. This should help spooling compared to the notoriously laggy factory housing.On these trucks, with the right hand drop on the transfer case there is not a lot of room for a fat exhaust pipe. Here are some clearance issues. The transfer case.
The front drive shaft.For the frontmost hanger, I made a stepped bolt and used a shock absorber bushing in a factory bracket at the bell housing.
This is a hanger at a little cross member at the back of the cab.
This is at the cross member that goes over the fuel tank between the front hangers of the rear springs.Another pic.
I wanted to make sure a spare would fit, so I stuck one in the frame.
All fits well. Since the kit was made for an extended cab long bed in which the frame is 6 inches longer behind the rear hangers, I will need to cut 6 inches out of the tail pipe. I will wait until I get the bed on for this, though.
For now it just looks a little goofy.