How to Read this Blog

When I started this blog, I could not figure out, within the given parameters, how to get it to read logically. So it ended up with the freshest post on the top of the page with the top of the post being the beginning of the post. When you get to the end of the post, you will find the beginning of the previous post. A bit awkward, but ...it is what it is. (right David?)

Also, feel free to leave comments. I engaged the annoying "real person verification thingy" because some dork put an add to his product on my blog and disguised it as a comment. He probably works on wall street.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Two days in a row in the shop. A guy could get spoiled.

I'm going to have to think of a name for this crane. Here I am lifting the ramcharger body. I plan to move it back about two feet so I can slide in the big block w/headers, 727 automatic tranny, and Np 203 transfer case all at once without trouble.
Now I have the body blocked up on the frame and back bumper. I just had to pull the six body mount bolts, disconnect the steer shaft, disconnect the gas fill neck and vent, and remove the bolts from the master cylindar to the brake booster. I let the master cylinder stand there and wobble on the brake lines.
Ignore the sign in the background. Mr. Goodwrench don't work here. It's all MOPAR.
Here the engine, tranny, and t-case come free.
I should have put the little tires on the front. I don't like lifting this much weight this high.
Wow, the frame is almost bare. If you look closely you can see a little block on the drivers side of the engine crossmember. That is half of the motor mount. With a broken motor mount and the fact that the tranny mounts were loose, it is no wonder that the fan went into the shroud under hard acceleration. With all thr torque pushing all that weight, I'm lucky the whole engine didn't climb out of the engine compartment. Here she sits in the ramcharger engine bay. I guess the ramcharger had a 440 originally. Believe it or not the rear crossmember if in exactly the right spot. That might explain the goofy brake booster. I had clearance trouble in the other truck.Snug as a bug in a rug. Is anybody asking why I am putting this 400 horsepower into this little truck?...Because, I can.

No comments: