How to Read this Blog

When I started this blog, I could not figure out, within the given parameters, how to get it to read logically. So it ended up with the freshest post on the top of the page with the top of the post being the beginning of the post. When you get to the end of the post, you will find the beginning of the previous post. A bit awkward, but ...it is what it is. (right David?)

Also, feel free to leave comments. I engaged the annoying "real person verification thingy" because some dork put an add to his product on my blog and disguised it as a comment. He probably works on wall street.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Finally, I get to take the cab off.

My buddy the engine crane is back on the job.
Here I have to set it down and relocate the crane. Every shop should have a beam and hoist in the ceiling.
Clear of the truck! The shop is really getting crowded with truck parts.
This should make the engine pull a lot easier. Looks like the cherry picker gets to go back to work again tomorrow.
My cab mounts were so fried that the bottom of the cab was sitting on the frame. Notice the fresh orange surface rust.
This next shot is a cab mount bracket. It is a casualty of the wasted cab doughnuts. The rubbers in my back cab mounts were so bad the nut end of the bolt was hanging loose allowing the cab to bounce up and down. I will have to replace these riveted-on brackets.In this shot the inside-the-frame gas tank is out. And, my daughter is working on the front shaft of the two piece rear drive line.
I cut both exhaust pipes in front of the forward muffler and was able to snake it out in two pieces each side. This exhaust system has very few miles on it, and I am hoping to modify it to reuse in the ramcharger build.
This is how she sits tonight. The frame should be pretty bare by this time tomorrow.

No comments: