How to Read this Blog

When I started this blog, I could not figure out, within the given parameters, how to get it to read logically. So it ended up with the freshest post on the top of the page with the top of the post being the beginning of the post. When you get to the end of the post, you will find the beginning of the previous post. A bit awkward, but ...it is what it is. (right David?)

Also, feel free to leave comments. I engaged the annoying "real person verification thingy" because some dork put an add to his product on my blog and disguised it as a comment. He probably works on wall street.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Boy, time goes by, priorities change, new things come up, ... I pretty much forgot I made this blog. I got an email yesterday from somebody who had been reading through this thing and had a few questions. It got me back reading it. One of my last posts said something about it being three years and it was time to finish this project and the last picture I posted was of a rolling frame with a mostly finished exhaust.  Funny how we can't see the future. It ended up being almost 7 years to the day between driving this truck into the shop and driving it back out. For the last two years, it has been my daily driver and tow rig for my 1977 Silver Streak 31' travel trailer. I love this truck! Since I left over 25,000 hits worth of people hanging on this project, I thought I would at least post some closure. Sorry I got burnt out on the documentary. If you have any questions about how I did anything I did not post, feel free to contact me through the "contact me" link. I tell you one thing, this is the last project I do where I paint the frame. Once I did that, the bog down on the project began. Every part that went back on needed to be new or cleaned up and painted or polished. What started as a drive train swap and paint job became a resto-mod on a project with a near zero dollar budget. Later I will post a pic or two.

No comments: