How to Read this Blog

When I started this blog, I could not figure out, within the given parameters, how to get it to read logically. So it ended up with the freshest post on the top of the page with the top of the post being the beginning of the post. When you get to the end of the post, you will find the beginning of the previous post. A bit awkward, but ...it is what it is. (right David?)

Also, feel free to leave comments. I engaged the annoying "real person verification thingy" because some dork put an add to his product on my blog and disguised it as a comment. He probably works on wall street.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Here is the new release bearing clipped into the release fork. The fork can actually be installed backwards, so care must be taken to get it right. The stamped part number, near the tape part number on the fork, needs to be down. It goes on the picot side, not the slave cylinder side. On mine, this actually put the number upside down.
Hanging from the engine hoist, ready to go in.
Splines engaged, searching for the pilot bearing.
She's home. Chain is slack.
The block is bolted to the cross-member. The transfer case is mounted-up. The taped-up u-joint is on the 1977 short drive shaft with the carrier bearing. You can see that it is the wrong u-joint. Something to deal with another day. That short shaft will most likely be a custom length anyway. I will need to fing a replacement yoke when I get it modified.
Another angle.
And...the other side.
Not sure what to do next. I need to strip the new cab of the flooring and dash and take whatever is remaining off the firewall. I also need to deal with some rust issues on the core support and modify it to accept the ctd radiator and the second generation Dodge Cummins intercooler. I am still hoping to get my 1975 grill over the intercooler, but I won't know about that for a while yet.

No comments: