How to Read this Blog

When I started this blog, I could not figure out, within the given parameters, how to get it to read logically. So it ended up with the freshest post on the top of the page with the top of the post being the beginning of the post. When you get to the end of the post, you will find the beginning of the previous post. A bit awkward, but ...it is what it is. (right David?)

Also, feel free to leave comments. I engaged the annoying "real person verification thingy" because some dork put an add to his product on my blog and disguised it as a comment. He probably works on wall street.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Big fuel tank.

Here is the big tank sorta propped up in place under the new cross-member.
If I don't move it, I will need to cut away half of the carrier bearing cross-member on the driver's side. This would seriously weaken the member. I think I will do some research to try to find what kind of a set-up the extended cab diesel's had. Moving the member forward is no big deal, I just want to do it right so I don't have drive line issues. My old two piece unit has smaller u-loints than either the t-case output or the dana 70 input. My donor truck is a different wheelbase and has a one piece driveline. Also, the cummins/727/overdrive/np205 is 2 inches longer than the 440/727/np203 that came out of it. Then again, if I go with the 5-speed, it'll probably be something different, yet.
Here it the tank sitting on the member. You can see that it needs to go down several inches in the front of the tank.

No comments: